Funding and grants for your pedometer program
Steptrek strives to have the lowest everyday pricing on pedometers and 3D G sensor accelerometers. A majority of our customers are non-profit organizations so we understand your need to make every dollar count. We don't give away pedometers here at STEPTREK. To keep costs down for everyone, we keep a limited stock on hand.
And we don't give away returned, defective or damaged products because a free pedometer is no good if it doesn't work.
However, there are potential sources of funding for your walking program including State, County, local and private sources. Fill out the form below in it's entirety and we'll let you know what grants and/or sponsors are currently available in your area.
Some of our customers partner with SPONSORS to help pay for their pedometers.
Depending on your particular situation, you may have sponsors already providing
your organization with products, services, or funding. Smaller organizations,
such as schools, may be able to find a local business willing to spend
of their advertising budget in exchange for promotional consideration.
We'll imprint your sponsor's logo, slogan, or other information, in one
or two colors, on the case of any of our pedometer models for no extra
charge on 500 pieces or more. Smaller quantities can be imprinted for a small charge per pedometer. Small businesses to large corporations have provided funding for
pedometers with their logo. They see it as a unique, positive way to get
their brand out in front of people. Imprint the
sponsor's name, or use the space to include your organization's logo and/or
other information about your organization's efforts. Or we can imprint
a coupon or other offer for you. It's up to you.
Benefits for sponsors:
- Pedometers are a proactive item which convey a positive impression, encouraging
movement and activity.
- Regular use of pedometers as part of a walking program may reduce the risk of numerous health issues including obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular and respiratory problems.
- Pedometers have a perceived value as an electronic item.
- Pedometers are used over and over, giving long term exposure to the sponsors
logo or message.
Funds may or may not be available directly from any source listed below,
depending on particular budgets. A phone call or e-mail may be all it takes
to get help paying for your pedometer program.
- About half the States in the USA have State sponsored healthy community
programs or foundations, encouraging the public to participate in sports,
and other activities. These programs may assist by providing funding. If
they have pedometer programs already in place, they may have pedometers
available at reduced cost or free of charge.
- State and County Health Departments may receive grants for assisting programs
promoting healthy communities. These programs may assist by providing funding
or possibly having pedometer programs already in place and available at
reduced cost or free of charge.
- Community grants may become available through corporations or private
foundations who seek to partner with non-profit health promotion organizations,
activities, or events.
- Businesses and other groups may find funding through their company's health insurance program.
- Agricultural and food service organizations sponsor non-profit organizations
through local, regional, or State Boards or Councils. (Dairy, Beef, Produce
Boards often set aside funding for promotion efforts.) -Hospitals and other
health organizations may have funds available, too.
- Schools may receive general grants from corporations, private organizations
or individuals which can be used to purchase fitness or health related
- Some schools have found creative funding methods! One school funded pedometers through their school's academic funds budget. The teacher incorporates math by having students calculate personal calorie consumption, distance walked and other measurements using their pedometers. Funding may be available through science and/or math grants.
Another teacher focuses on which foods are high and low in fat and calories, so kids can make the connection between foods and exercise. They learn about which foods are better, they learn how much exercise it takes to burn off calories, and they learn to estimate how many calories they burn off. This touches on 3 areas of education, combining mental and physical activity with nutrition education.
- Schools which have had funding cut for physical education classes
may also find funding available through school referendums.
If you are looking for a single pedometer for personal use, there are a
few sources on the internet you can try. Note: The sources listed below
are provided as a courtesy only. The companies listed do not own and are
not owned by, affiliated with, or endorsed by STEPTREK. Availability and
quality are the sole responsibility of the company offering the pedometer(s)
and may or may not be available depending on their terms.
CURRENTLY THERE ARE NO FREE PEDOMETER PROMOTIONS.
Do YOU know of any sources for free pedometers? We'd love to hear about
it so we can tell others by listing it here. Contact
us and give us the link.